VFC Program - HAN
Chicago Vaccines for Children Program
Information regarding COVID-19
Please refer to the COVID-19 tab of the HAN page (above) for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Welcome to the Chicago VFC Health Alert Network (HAN) page!
This is your one-stop-shop for information, resources,
VFC policies, and frequently-requested paperwork.
How to register for the Chicago Health Alert Network (HAN)
Children 18 years old and younger are eligibile for VFC vaccine if they are one or more of the following:
- Medicaid eligible
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (i.e. health insurance doesn't cover immunization) - only at FQHC's and CDPH's walk-in clinics
How to use MEDI to determine VFC eligibility
VFC Program Enrollment & Annual Re-Enrollment
Know another provider interested in the VFC program?
Share this VFC recruitment flier with them!
At the beginning of each year, VFC providers need to re-enroll. In 2020, follow these steps to re-enroll your clinic in the program.
Looking to register for the annual required VFC Regional Meetings?
The Chicago VFC Regional Meeting webinars are available now in a virtual, 1.5-hour webinar format to accomodate changes in the way your practice operates.
At least two staff members from each VFC clinic must complete the training by 6/30/20.
CHIP Vaccine Information
VFC Guidance for the CHIP Program
VFC News Bulletins
Digital Data Loggers (DDL's) and VTMC Cloud
- DDL FAQ
- Downloading Control Solutions Software Guide
- DDL Setup and Configuration Guide
- VFC 400 Operations
- Recalibration instructions
Daily Temperature Logs
- Fahrenheit: Refrigerator / Freezer
- Celsius: Refrigerator / Freezer
VFC Tools and Policies
Vaccine Management Tools
- Emergency and Routine Vaccine Handling Protocol
- Temperature Excursion Protocol
(consider printing and posting on your fridge or freezer)
- Inventory Analysis Helper Report Guide
- Immunization Due Report Guide
- Vaccine Ordering Cheat Sheet and Calculation Guide
- Vaccine Ordering Template
- Vaccine Return Form
- Expiring Vaccine and Vaccine Return Protocol
Vaccine Management Policies
- How to report a communicable disease in your clinic (reporting flyer)
- How to report vaccine adverse events (VAERS)
Day-To-Day Provider References
- ACIP’s General Best Practice Guidelines for Immunizations
- 2020 Immunization Schedule
- CPS Minimum Health Requirements
Interacting with Parents
- Immunization schedule handouts for parents
- CDC Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations with Parents
- 6 Reasons to Get the HPV Vaccine for Your Child (infographic)
- 5 Reasons Why the HPV Vaccination is Recommended for Pre-Teens Flyer (infographic)
For Your Clinic
- HPV Vaccination Clinician and Health System Action Guides
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS's)
- Free behavioral health assistance: Illinois Doc Assist
- Printable HPV Posters from CDC
- Infographic: Screening Won’t Protect Your Patients from Most HPV Cancers
- More information on measles can be found here
- Measles job aid
- Measles isolation and testing recommendations