VFC Program - HAN
Chicago Vaccines for Children Program
Information regarding COVID-19
Please refer to the COVID-19 tab of the HAN page (above) for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Welcome to the Chicago VFC Health Alert Network (HAN) page!
This is your one-stop-shop for information, resources,
VFC policies, and frequently-requested paperwork.
Stay up to date: How to register for the HAN
VFC Eligibility Basics
Children 18 years old and younger are eligibile for VFC vaccine if they are one or more of the following:
- Medicaid eligible
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (i.e. health insurance doesn't cover immunization) - only at FQHC's and CDPH's walk-in clinics
How to use MEDI to determine VFC eligibility
Know another provider interested in the VFC program?
- Share this VFC recruitment flier with them!
Wanting to complete your annual re-enrollment requirement?
- At the beginning of each year, VFC providers need to re-enroll. 2021 re-enrollment will begin soon - keep an eye out for detail!
Looking to register for the annual required VFC Regional Meetings?
- The Chicago VFC Regional Meeting webinars will be available in a virtual webinar format this year in June.
- At least two staff members from each VFC clinic must complete the training by 6/30/21.
- More detail is forthcoming. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHIP Vaccine Information
VFC Guidance for the CHIP Program
VFC News Bulletins
VFC DDL and VTMC Cloud
APRIL 2021: DDL FLEXIBILITY COVID-19 UPDATE FROM CDC
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for DDL's has soared while supply has remained limited. CDC understands this and is extending temporary flexibilities to providers who need assistance until supplies increase. Check this document for detail on what to do if your DDL has passed its recalibration date or isn't functioning properly.
- DDL FAQ
- Downloading Control Solutions Software Guide
- DDL Setup and Configuration Guide
- VFC 400 Operations
- Recalibration instructions
Daily Temperature Logs
- Fahrenheit: Refrigerator / Freezer
- Celsius: Refrigerator / Freezer
VFC Tools and Policies
Vaccine Management Tools
- Emergency and Routine Vaccine Handling Protocol
- Temperature Excursion Protocol
(consider printing and posting on your fridge or freezer)
- Inventory Analysis Helper Report Guide
- Immunization Due Report Guide
- Vaccine Ordering Cheat Sheet and Calculation Guide
- Vaccine Ordering Template
- Vaccine Return Form
- Expiring Vaccine and Vaccine Return Protocol
Vaccine Management Policies
How to report a communicable disease in your clinic (reporting flyer)
Day-To-Day Provider References
Interacting with Parents
6 Reasons to Get the HPV Vaccine for Your Child (infographic)
For Your Clinic
Vaccine Information Statements (VIS's)
Free behavioral health assistance: Illinois Doc Assist
More information on measles can be found here