Materials for Healthcare Providers
Social Media Toolkit
Node B Change goes here
Please remember to report cases of IMD to CDPH immediately. Please ensure that bacterial isolates are submitted to the Illinois Public Health Laboratory for serogrouping and molecular typing in a timely fashion. To report a suspect or confirmed case of meningococcal disease, please call during business hours: 312-746-5377 or 312-746-5925 and during non-business hours, call 311 and ask for the communicable disease physician on-call.
Online Vaccination Finder
CDPH Information and Previous HAN Alerts regarding Invasive Meningococcal Disease
Third Webinar: Meningococcal Disease and HIV: Is Your Patient at Risk?
Webinar: April 7, 2017; Link to webinar here.
- Chicago serogroup meningococcal disease outbreak
- Meningococcal disease in HIV Positive persons
- Vaccine recommendations and outbreak information
Ramona Bhatia, MD, HIV/STI Program
Marielle Fricchone, MD, Immunizations Program
Sarah Kemble, MD, Communicable Disease Program
Webinar recording courtesy of MATEC.
Second Webinar: Meningococcal Outbreak Response: Vaccination Recommendations for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) in Chicago
Webinar: August 14, 2015; Link to webinar here. Presentations links below.
- Summary of the meningococcal outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) in the Chicago Metropolitan Area and updates on invasive meningococcal disease among MSM nationally
- Ongoing meningococcal vaccination response in Chicago
- 2 months into the outbreak – anticipating 2nd dose for those living with HIV
- How to order and manage 317 meningococcal vaccine
- Client Vaccine Uptake Survey and Provider Survey results
- Discussion of challenges and successes in achieving higher vaccination coverage rates
Webinar recording courtesy of EverThrive Illinois.
Meningococcal Outbreak Response Partners Meeting, held 11/17/2015
- Summary of outbreak and response
- Partners Survey results
- Discussion and Feedback
Presentation slides available Here.
First Webinar: Presentation on vaccine recommendations for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) in Chicago now available.
In this webinar for medical providers who care for MSM, topics include:
• Summary of the meningococcal outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) in the Chicago Metropolitan Area
• Review of meningococcal vaccination efforts including geographic and demographic distribution of federally-funded vaccine
• Information on how to order 317 meningococcal vaccine for Chicago providers
Presentor: Sarah Kemble, MD, Medical Director, Communicable Diseases, Chicago Department of Public Health
Webinar recording courtesy of EverThrive Illinois. Link below will take take you to another site.