Welcome to the Chicago Vaccines for Children (VFC) HAN page! This is your one-stop-shop for information, resources, VFC policies, and frequently-requested paperwork.
Children 18 years old and younger are eligibile for VFC vaccine if they are one or more of the following:
- Medicaid eligible
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (i.e. health insurance doesn't cover immunization) - only at FQHC's and CDPH's walk-in clinics
Day-To-Day Provider References
Interacting with Parents
· 6 Reasons to Get the HPV Vaccine for Your Child (infographic)
· How to report a communicable disease in your clinic (reporting flyer)
· How to report vaccine adverse events (VAERS)
For Your Clinic
· Vaccine Information Statements (VIS's)
· Free behavioral health assistance through Illinois Doc Assist
· Screening Won’t Protect Your Patients from Most HPV Cancers (infographic)
Measles is a highly contagious virus that lives in the nose and throat mucus of an infected person. It can spread to others through coughing and sneezing. Measles can live for up to 2 hours in an airspace where the infected person coughed or sneezed. Measles is so contagious that if one person has it 90% of the people close to that person who are not immune will become infected. Infected individuals can spread measles to others from 4 days before through 4 days after the rash appears. Measles infection is a vaccine-preventable illness.
Several Health Alerts have been issued in February and March 2019. Please see below for links to these alerts which contain information on outbreaks and healthcare provider immunity.
Measles Cases in Chicago and Cook County - issued March 29, 2019
DeKalb County Measles Outbreak - issued March 1, 2019
Identification of Additional Cases in Champaign, Illinois Measles Outbreak - issued Feburary 22, 2019
IDPH SIREN Regarding Measles Immunity in Healthcare Providers - issued Feburary 22, 2019
More information on Measles can be found here.
Vaccine Management Tools
Emergency and Routine Vaccine Handling Protocol
Temperature Excursion Protocol (consider printing and posting on your fridge and/or freezer)
Vaccine Return Form
Expiring Vaccine and Vaccine Return Protocol
Downloading Control Solutions Software Guide
DDL Setup and Configuration Guide
VFC 400 Operations
Daily Temperature Logs
- Fahrenheit: Refrigerator / Freezer
- Celsius: Refrigerator / Freezer