Acute Care Facilities - HAN
Acute Care Infection Control Recommendations
- Infection Control Guidance - Infection prevention and control practices for routine healthcare delivery during the pandemic and management of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection
- Training for Healthcare Professionals - Training materials for healthcare professionals regarding COVID-19 management and preparation
Environmental Cleaning and Precautions
- Environmental Cleaning - Frequently asked questions document with a variety of topics including waste management and environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Airborne Contaminant Removal - Contains information related to air quality within patient rooms after they have been vacated by COVID-19 patients
Managing Healthcare Workers
- Identifying Sick HCP and Patients: Guidance for screening HCP and Patients for COVID-19 infection.
- When to test: A summary of considerations and current CDC recommendations regarding testing HCP for COVID-19
- Exposures/ Contact Tracing
- Workplace - Guidance for HCP with potential exposure in the workplace
- Community - Guidance for individuals with community exposure to COVID-19
- Reducing Quarantine Option - Provides options for reducing the length of quarantine after a suspected COVID-19 exposure
- Return to work Criteria - Testing criteria to determine when HCP with COVID infection can return to work
- Return to work after confirmed Covid - Summary of various strategies to determine when HCP can return to work
- Travel guidance
- Frequently asked questions related to the COVID-19 vaccine and vaccination
- Booster Shot
Personal Protective Equipment
- General - Summary of PPE use to prevent transmission of COVID-19
- Respiratory Protection Program
Reporting COVID-19 Cases to CDPH
Report lab-confirmed, epidemiologically-linked (epi-linked) clusters* of COVID-19 via the RedCap case report form.
*Clusters are defined as:
1. Patients: 2 cases of confirmed COVID-19 in a patient 7 or more days after admission for a non-COVID condition, with epi-linkage+
2. Staff: 3 cases of confirmed COVID-19 in HCP with epi-linkage
+Epi-Linkage among patients is defined as overlap on the same unit or ward or having the potential to have been cared for by common HCP within a 14-day time period of each other.
Epi-Linkage among Staff is defined as having the potential to have been with 6ft for 15 minutes or longer while working in the facility during the 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms; for example, worked on the same unit during the same shift.
For additional guidance regarding COVID-19 management within your facility, please email CDPHHAIAR@cityofchicago.org.